Research Aim and Objectives
All the business organizations in the present business world are intended to improve their operational functions and their productivity to attain a key competitive advantage over other players in the same industry. The supply chain theories have several specifications, such as integration of the production and distribution functions in the organizations and making the role of intermediaries effective to improvise the speed and efficiency of the operational functions.
The prime focus of the selected research problem is to investigate, whether in practical aspects supply chain management theories are implied and effective enough to accelerate the operational efficiency of the business. In the premise of this research problem, the research study will investigate the contribution of theories of supply chain management towards the operational functions of the business. The wider objective of the research is to evaluate the contribution level of the supply chain management theories in improving the operational functions of the business and the extent to which business organizations imply them in their real operational practices.
The main research objectives are defined as under:
- To explore the key theories of supply chain management, which are proposed by different scholars
- To explore the contribution of these theories in the operational functions of business organizations.
- To evaluate the extent to which, the supply chain management theories have proved supportive to enhance the operational efficiency of the business organizations
- What are the major supply chain management theories proposed by different scholars that prove to be extremely beneficial for increasing the operational efficiency of business organizations?
- How the implementation and adoption of supply chain management theories by business organizations have proved to be effective in increasing their operational functions?
This research question is well-defined and useful to provide a clear, direct path to the research work in order to achieve its aim and objectives in the most successful way.
The development of a research hypothesis in research work is a very important function because a well-defined research hypothesis provides a good base for the research study to flow in the right direction. In this context, the main hypothesis for the following research study is defined and developed as under:
H0: Supply chain management theories have a direct implication for business organizations to enhance their operational efficiency
H1: Supply chain management theories do not have a direct implication for business organizations to enhance their operational efficiency.
These hypotheses have provided a rational approach to the research work in order to move in a specific way to address the research subject undertaken for investigation purposes.
In the present research study, the operational efficiency of the business organizations is taken as the dependent variable. Besides, the Strategic plan logistic plan of the company, the Relationship of the organization with the suppliers, the Relationship of the organization with clients and customers, and resource-based the supply chain theory significance that is used to carry out resource planning for the business are independent variables.