The main aim of developing this Solar based Robot for garden grass cutting and watering Plants IoT project is to provide an easy way of cutting grass and watering methods to the formers without much manual interaction.
This is the solar powered grass cutting robot and water Sprinkler which includes Aurdino Board, Bluetooth, Two channel Relay module, and moto drivers and Solar panel, Cutter Blade.
Solar Panel used to charge the battery in the Day time and we have a water sprinkler which is used for pesticide sprinkler.
We have an android app where we are controlling the Robot.is android app has Forward, Backword, left, Right, Cutter Blade on and Off, Water Sprinkler On and Off options.
There are lots of labor charge needed for a simple grass cutting work for present existing machines.
The electric and labor charge both costs give a heavy expense. The human body depends on the atmosphere and weather conditions.
The existing models are not capable to adjust the cutting blade.
They do only just cutting the grass only.
We are developing a multi-tasking robot which can trim the grass with height adjustment and can water the plants in the garden.
The Robot is can also be used for surveillance.
This robot is controlled wireless with an RF remote.
This is power with solar energy.
Let us see the working condition of the project below.
This robot keeps going forward and backward to cut the grass.
Block Diagram of The project:
- Arduino Uno.
- DC Motors robot movements.
- BLDC motor for grass cutting.
- TSOP sensors for detecting obstacles.
- Water sprinkler for water plants.
- 12V Battery.
- Cutting the Grass in following areas colleges.
- Public Gardens.
- Parks etc.
Smart Medicine Pill Reminder Project is an IOT based Electronics mini project for Academic Students, The main aim of developing this Kit is to remind medicines just like an alarm.
In this Smart Medicine Pill Reminder Project, we are using Arduino board, APR33R3 Voice playback module connected to Amplifier and this connected to Speaker
we have an LCD also to display that,
the main intention before developing this project is to usually remind the medicines which have to be taken in the daily schedule and it is especially useful for old age people, patients, and busy people.
The below Video is the Working condition of the smart medicine pill reminder project.
This is how it reminds the message
Every after 10 seconds it will remind the message. Here we can adjust the Time according to our convenience.
Here Aurdino is giving input to the APR33R3 and this giving input to the Amplifier and amplifier gives the signal to the Speaker.
The output voice message can be visible on the LCD Screen also.
The main Idea of the Smart Luggage System IoT Project is to develop a luggage that could be user-friendly. The project is more of a luggage less of a robot.
- Bags have always been an integral part of travel life whether it may be a travel bag or a plastic bag or even leather bag every bag has its own importance and carries different functions and utility.
- Dragging the luggage all over the place has been done since the golden ages.
- Thinking of a luggage which conveys its weight, tracks its location, which follows the user automatically or manually, by the touch of the present technology to the old baggage it may bring out its true potential.
- This has motivated the project all along so that it is user-friendly and could be operated by a Smartphone.
- There are a lot of applications to the luggage but all of them are not controlled from the luggage instead the commands are sent from the mobile phone to the luggage via Machine to machine communication.
- The mobile phone has a pre-installed application software with a pre-installed set of instructions.
- They wait for the user to send the commands.
- After the microcontroller embedded inside the luggage receives instruction from the user it acts accordingly. This can either be for tracking its location and send it to the user or send the luggage weight.
- ARDUINO MEGA
- GPS MODULE
- ESP8266 Wi-Fi module
- ULTRASONIC SENSOR HC-SR04
- MOTOR DRIVER LM298N
- AURDINO IDE
- MIT APP INVENTOR
- When Bluetooth is Connected
2) When Wifi is not Connected
Screenshot of app showing Welcome Page
Screenshot of app showing HomePage
Screenshot of app showing displaying Weighing Module
Screenshot of app Displaying Weight
Screenshot of app when Tracking is Pressed
Screenshot of app in Autonomous Mode
Screenshot of app in Manual Mode
- Painting/Artwork Security: With a GPS device owners can quickly learn the location of a stolen piece and recover it immediately.
- Prevention of Car Theft: By installing a tracking device on a vehicle, the location of it can always be known. The vehicle can be easily recovered, but the device will also act as a deterrent for thieves. This will prevent the nightmare of having a car stolen from occurring in the first place.
- Police & Private Detectives: Police can benefit by attaching tracking devices to baggage during investigations, allowing them to easily track movement and come up with solid evidence.
- Hiking: With a GPS device, hikers who get lost can be recovered quickly should they ever come up missing
- Don’t worry losing your luggage anywhere! It has an onboard GPS module to help you track its position using Google Maps.
- Whole system integration is controlled through Application installed in Android where controlling the device will get very easy to the user.
- Weighing the luggage will become easy.
- The carry of luggage is changed with motorized wheels.
- The application should be more dynamic and it should show the live feed of the movement of the luggage which updates every time the luggage is in movement. The tracking could be taken online using the cloud technology.
- The introduction of Digital Locks into the luggage will help the user secure the contents of the luggage with the help of dynamic encryption algorithms and techniques which will safeguard any Machine to Machine Communication.
- It comes with GSM module which helps us to triangulate its location when GPS is failed to retrieve the data.
- Get the status of the flights, regulations using app and pack accordingly.
- The limitations of the traditional luggage will overcome with Smart Luggage. The market is still new and has potential to accept the new face of luggage.
- Know the weight of your Luggage at any time and pack accordingly.
- Move the luggage easily using autonomous and manual modes.
- The smart luggage will ensure its safety and builds security for its user. From built-in scales to GPS tracking and mobile apps, these bags won’t make hauling stuff any lighter, but they could make the experience less harrowing.
In most of the institutes, announcements are coming under the major problem. A universal announcement by speakers is mostly deployed in most of the institutes, but there are cases when the announcement needs to be done for a particular classroom or for a particular person.
In that case, such a universal system will not be helpful. One resolution of this problem most of the institutes adopt is deploying one universal system and a separate system for each room and then place people to handle the entire control system.
Though this resolves many issues, it increases the cost of the entire control unit when you have to be dependent on human resources. Automation is one of the most thriving of today’s technology through which many organizations are cutting costs on Human Resources and utilizing human resources in more innovative and productive works.
So here for this issue also we have come up with automating the entire process of announcement where a pre-recorded voice will be played for every announcement in the institutes.
Communication channel box :
In this communication channel box signals from the desktop will be received to microcontroller and microcontroller will send a signal to relay driver IC (ULN2803) to switch the relay.
Relays —— SPDT.
Purpose of the relay is to channelize the sound for each classroom.
This box will receive the signals from mic where we speak and sound is amplified and sent to relay channel junction box.
- Human effort is reduced.
- Time to convey the things can be done in a more faster phase.
- They won’t be any communication gap with this setup.
- We can communicate in multiple classrooms at one time.
- We can know the delivery report of a speech delivered to the classroom or not with help of feedback button in each classroom.
Project Title: Automatic soil irrigation over IOT
• The system will detect the moisture level in soil with help of moisture sensor.
• The system will be interfaced to Microcontroller board which will be tracking the status of soil moisture level.
• A Wi-Fi module is interfaced to Arduino motherboard and the same module is paired with the wireless router.
• A small water pump will be activated automatically when the moisture level in soil decreases to a minimum point.
• The entire unit works with 9V/ 1A power supply.
• User or admin will get the live status report of soil moisture level in ground and water pump running status from a remote location.
Non Functional specifications:
• The entire project electronics part is fixed in 200mm X 150mm X 100mm ABS plastic box with mounting holes.
• The entire system will be fixed in a waterproof box with IP 65 standards.
• This project will be easy to use and a person with minimum knowledge can also understand.
• The entire system has very minimum wires outside with proper name tags.
• The unit will easy to configure the surface (Tree/pole / flat surface).
• This project is totally shock protected.
• This project is low-cost automation for farmers/agriculture sectors.
• Soil moisture sensor 1no.
• Water motor pump 9V 1no.
• Water pipes 2 meters.
• Arduino board 1no.
• AC to DC Adaptor 9V/ 1A.
• ESP8266 wifi module
• Connecting wires.
• Arduino IDE is used to develop the entire project source code.
• Eagle CAD is used to develop circuit design.
- Electronics circuit and embedded systems
- Mechanical design.
- Microcontroller program
- Android app
Designing and developing an automation process for testing capacitive touch screen of mobile, there will be android app installed in mobile which displays few color blocks on lcd screen when capacitive touch pen touches the particular color blocks on lcd screen with help of automation process with X,Y and Z-axis movement by holding capacitive touch pen on Z-axis, when capacitive touch pen touches color blocks on lcd screen in this process color block on lcd screen will change if its touch sensitivity is good else the block color will remain same and feedback from android mobile is taken for evaluating performance of touch screen and feedback is displayed on LCD screen.
• XYZ axis router setup.
• Atmega 2586 Microcontroller board.
• DC motor driver L298.
• 12V/5A regulated supply.
• Hi-tech 645MG Servo motor z-axis movement.
• 2 DC motors for x-y plane axis movement.
• 2 DC motor encoders 16bit.
• Capacitive pen and its holder.
• 20X4 LCD Display.
Electronics circuit and embedded systems
In this Automatic Touch Screen Testing Machine project we are Arduino nano board which consists of Atmega328 microcontroller with 2KB RAM and 64 KB flash memory this board will act as control unit which gives signals to DRV8266 stepper driver motors and 16 X 2 LCD screen, we have 4 input switches to select menu options all these are interfaced with Arduino nano motherboard.
List of components used in this project.
• Arduino nano 1no.
• DRV8266 stepper motor driver 2nos.
• Nima 13 stepper motos 2nos.
• Servo motor 90G 1no.
• 16 X 2 alphanumeric LCD.
• Input switches.
• Connectors and wires.
• 12V / 2A Adaptor.
• Dotted PCB.
In our Automatic Touch Screen Testing Machine project, we have used dotted PCB for interfacing.
Block diagram of electronics parts
Circuit working operation
We are using 12V / 2A adaptor for powering our circuit board Arduino nano and DRV8825, Arduino nano plays a major role in this Automatic Touch Screen Testing Machine project.
The Real Time Hand Gesture Recognition system presented, uses only a webcam and algorithms which are developed using OpenCV computer vision, image and the video processing algorithms.
The Existing work carried was done a PC based MATLAB software, where it has readily available all the algorithms and such system is not used to full extent in embedded side.
Proposed Real Time Hand Gesture Recognition for Computer Interaction work will be carried out on Linux based single board computer with ARM 11 architecture. This board will be ported with Raspbian Operation System and OpenCV Image processing Library. Using which will design an algorithm such that the system will identify the finger tips and count them how many fingers have been displayed.
ARM11, USB Camera, Power supply.
OS: Embedded Linux, Language: C/ C++, IDE: Qt Creator, Opencv.
Computer Interaction, Gesture recognition based control
• Elimination of external hardware like mouse
• Easy to access and control appliances using gestures.
In this Hand Gesture Recognition based on Depth map paper a proposed method for gesture recognition using depth map image using Opencv is presented. Using feature extraction method based on Radon transform will identify the hand posture recognition.
This method reduces the feature vector of Radon transform by averaging its values. For the classification of features vectors, the support vector machine is used.
Progress in depth map calculation of later year’s leads to exploitation then for several objects of research, one of depth map usage is gesture recognition since it provides information about shape of captured hand as well as position in frame. Depth maps have several advantages over traditional color pictures.
In the existing the work, in order to capture the image they have used an external hardware i.e Microsoft Kinect system, using the implementation will on higher cost side as well this system only has done all the preprocessing of the images ,no exact algorithm was implemented to detect the hand.
Proposed Hand Gesture Recognition work will be based on a Open Computer Vision library, using an Linux based real time device, will capture the images using a USB Camera connected to the device. And with our algorithms will detect the Open palm and Closed Palm in the capture images and draw a rectangle around it.
ARM11, USB Camera, Power supply.
Embedded Linux, Language: C/ C++, IDE: Qt Creator.
Computer Vision system, Gesture control devices
- Open source algorithm are used to implement the concept
- Low cost and has future scope of controlling the appliances on gesture.
In the existing Wireless Sensor Based Energy Conservation work, the communication protocol was limited to Bluetooth only which is very short distance and should require a device interface in order to view or control the data which is the drawback of the developed system.
The proposed Wireless Sensor Based Energy Conservation via Bluetooth work will include the low power high accuracy controllers through the Bluetooth communication as well we also control and view the data over the Intranet Network.
Load contains a Bulb, the current and Voltage consumed by the load will be monitored and an automated operation of the load based on PIR and LDR values will be done from remote location.
ARM11, PIR Sensor, LDR Sensor, Bluetooth module, Wi-Fi Router, 89s52, Current Sensor, Voltage Sensor, Relay Driver, Load.
OS: Embedded Linux, Language: C/ C++, IDE: Qt Creator.
Home automation, Industrial Power Control
Load Control, Remote location access,
In this Face Identification Implementation in a Standalone Embedded System paper is described an embedded system for face identification. The system, running on ARM processor, is built around BCM2835 processor and consists of several IP (Intellectual Property) modules designed as bus peripherals.
The face detection and recognition is accelerated with the help of a hardware and software algorithm modules. The system has been designed on the criteria of resources optimization, low power consumption and improved operation speed
The Existing work has been implemented on FPGA based processor device, which is complex and high cost of implementation when compared to an embedded chips. As well in the entire system description only procedure have been explained no exact output results where shown.
The host target for the proposed face detection system is an embedded environment based on ARM 11 architecture. Which has much higher RAM and Clock speech compared to an FPGA based Devices. Here using Raspbian Operating System, Open Computer Vision algorithm and Qt based GUI interface will be used to implement the face detection and recognition.
Whenever the authenticated face is identified the system will provided login access or else SMS will be sent to the concerned person with GPS location simultaneously a buzzer will be turned on to indicating the unauthorized entry.
ARM11, USB Camera, GSM, GPS, Buzzer, Power supply.
OS: Embedded Linux, Language: C/ C++, IDE: Qt Creator, Image Processing Algorithm.
Home, Security, Authentication sites
• Hand Held System and online face training can be done.
• Easy installation and usage