Need of the Study:
The purpose of the “Effectiveness of Project Management Techniques with reference to Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad-A Comparative Study” is to know the effective use of Project Management which draws on the wider knowledge and skills being used in Real Estate Companies. The study will help in studying the effective utilization of present Project Management which will help in working on companies’ different projects. The Study is undertaken to find out the effective use and application of Project Management in Real Estate Companies. The study will also throw light on the Project planning and information tracking of recent projects and the quality of Project Management which may have a major impact on the Project Manager’s satisfaction and decision-making.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY:
- To study the effective application of Project Management in Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad.
- To assess the quality of Project Management used in tracking the project Status and information access in selected Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad.
- To find the effective usage of Project Management by a Project team working on various projects in Real Estate Companies.
- To know the satisfaction level of Project Managers using Project Management and its impact on decision-making and report preparation.
- To understand the need for changing from the present information system based on past records and quality problems with the existing Project Management.
Sampling frame: The sample frame will be taken from Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad
Sample size: The sample size will be around 100 respondents taking 20 each from among the top five Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad city.
Sampling Method: The Sampling Procedure to be used is Convenience Sampling.
Sample Units: The Project Managers and Teams working on different real estate projects in Real Estate Companies will form part of the Sampling units. The following top five Real Estate Companies that are considered for the study are as follows:
- Jayabheri Properties
- Lanco Constructions
Data collection sources:
- Primary data: For this study, Questionnaire will be prepared to contain Variables on Project Management quality such as availability, reliability, relevance, accuracy, No of projects undertaken, information overload, Project Planning, Scheduling system Impact on decision making, Project Manager’s satisfaction with Project Management, Impact of information, weekly status report, Project tracking through dashboards, Inspection, and other information related to Project Management.
- Secondary data: Under Exploratory Research, Secondary Data will be collected from Journals, Textbooks, and Websites; Newspaper Articles will form part of the secondary data.
Data analysis tools:
Data collected from 100 respondents will be analyzed through Tables, charts, and graphs using suitable measuring scales.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
- The study is limited to the Real Estate Companies Located in Hyderabad City only.
- The Study will be undertaken for a period of 40-50 days approximately
- The sample size is Limited to 100 respondents only.
- The opinion of the respondents may change over a period of time.
- The companies may upgrade their present Project Management in the future.
SCOPE FOR FURTHER RESEARCH:
The study will help in understanding how effectively Project Management is being used in Major Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad. The study will help in studying the problems associated with developing; Managing and application of Project Management. The modern tools will have an impact on the quality, cost, and Time factor of the companies’ projects and database management system. The present study will be a torch bearer for future researchers who will have an understanding of the companies’ dependence on and effective use of current Project Management.