Data security in cloud computing is a mostly researched topic which has various solutions like applying encryption to data and using multi cloud environment. But still there are many issues related to data security. In this project we are using ECC digital signature method to sign signature of user data while uploading to cloud and use same digital signature to download when required.
The Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) is modern family of public-key cryptosystems, you can use an Elliptic Curve algorithm for public/private key cryptography. To be able to use ECC; cryptographic signatures, hash functions and others that help secure the messages or files are to be studied at a deeper level.
It implements all major capabilities of the asymmetric cryptosystems: Encryption, Signatures and Key Exchange The main advantage is that keys are a lot smaller. With RSA you need key servers to distribute public keys. With Elliptic Curves, you can provide your own public key.
In python, the above described method can be implemented using the ECDSA Algorithm.
- Using public key cryptosystems with both public and private key can give security for data compare to single key encryption. In this project ECC algorithm is used for security data to cloud and uploading data to cloud.
- AES, DES are mostly used crypto graphic algorithms for securing data. These methods are used in most of the applications which use single key for encryption and decryption.
- These methods are old methods which are used in most of the applications.
- They use single key for encryption and decryption.
- In cloud environment data security is very important as data is stored in third party servers there is need to effective multi key encryption techniques like ECC algorithms. In this project we are using ECC algorithm in python language and using cloud to store encrypted data.
- Time taken for encryption process is less
- Multiple keys are used for encryption and decryption process.
- Operating system : Windows XP/7/10
- Development Kit : Flask Framework
- Database : SQLite
- IDE : Anaconda prompt