Data security in cloud computing is a mostly researched topic that has various solutions like applying encryption to data and using multi-cloud environments. But still, there are many issues related to data security. In this project, we are using ECC digital signature method to sign the signature of user data while uploading to the cloud and use the same digital signature to download when required.
Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) is a modern family of public-key cryptosystems, you can use an Elliptic Curve algorithm for public/private key cryptography. To be able to use ECC; cryptographic signatures, hash functions and others that help secure the messages or files are to be studied at a deeper level.
It implements all major capabilities of the asymmetric cryptosystems: Encryption, Signatures, and Key Exchange The main advantage is that keys are a lot smaller. With RSA you need key servers to distribute public keys. With Elliptic Curves, you can provide your own public key.
In python, the above-described method can be implemented using the ECDSA Algorithm.
- Using public key cryptosystems with both public and private keys can give security for data compared to single key encryption. In this project, the ECC algorithm is used for securing data to the cloud and uploading data to the cloud.
- AES and DES are mostly used cryptographic algorithms for securing data. These methods are used in most of the applications which use single keys for encryption and decryption.
- These methods are old methods that are used in most applications.
- They use a single key for encryption and decryption.
- In a cloud environment data security is very important as data is stored in third-party servers there is a need for effective multi-key encryption techniques like ECC algorithms. In this project, we are using the ECC algorithm in python language and using the cloud to store encrypted data.
- The time taken for the encryption process is less
- Multiple keys are used for the encryption and decryption process.
- Operating system: Windows XP/7/10
- Development Kit: Flask Framework
- Database: SQLite
- IDE: Anaconda prompt