Agriculture is considered as import field all over the world where there are many challenges in solving problems in the process of estimating crops based on the conditions. This has become a challenge for developing countries. Using latest technologies many companies are using IOT based services and Mechanical technology to reduce manual work. These methods are mostly useful in the case on reducing manual work but not in prediction process. In this project crop yield prediction using Machine learning latest ML technology and KNN classification algorithm is used for prediction crop yield based on soil and temperature factors. Dataset is prepared with various soil conditions as features and labels for predicting type of each label is related to certain crop. In prediction process user can give input as soil features and result will be type of crop suitable for specific conditions and application also helps in suggesting best crops with yield for hector.
- In our country large amount of population are depending on agriculture though government is taking financial steps to help farmers still they are facing problems due to lack of data analysis and prediction on crops.
- Our objective is to develop an application using machine learning for predicting which crop to be used based on soil condition using k nearest neighbor classification.
Image based analysis was one of the methods which was previously used for detection land type and then analysis was done.
Process is based on image analysis results are not accurate as in this method soil conditions are not considered.
Image processing is a time taking process.
Machine learning is the latest technology which python programming language gives advantage in using various algorithms for crop yield prediction based on the input data set. In this process KNN classification algorithm is used for prediction. In this project testing training is performed on given text dataset which includes soil and temperature conditions as features and type of crop as labels.
Crop yield prediction is performed based on textual dataset and any user can check type of crop best suits for conditions and get crop suggestions.
- Operating system : Windows XP/7/10
- Development Kit : Flask Framework
- Programming language: Python
- IDE : Anaconda prompt