“A Study on impact of HRM Practices in Selected Construction Companies in Chandigarh.”
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM:
Employees are encouraged to take more responsibility, communicate more effectively, act creatively, and innovate HRM links remuneration to customer satisfaction metrics. This study helps the importance of Quality circles and its impact on employees productivity which in turn help the Construction Companies to achieve its goals.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY:
- To find the degree of HRM Practices implemented in the Construction Companies in Chandigarh
- To study the level of commitment of employees towards their work in Construction Companies of Chandigarh
- To analyse the techniques used for maintaining quality of work in Construction Companies in Chandigarh
- To study the impact of HRM practices on employee performance in the Construction Companies.
- Sampling Procedure: The Employees will be randomly selected from the Construction Companies.
- Sample units: Employees of five selected companies such as L&T, Consort Builders, S.S Constructions, ATS office, Ansal housing having branches in Chandigarh will be part of 100 sampling units.
- Sample size: The sample size of about 100 employees will be taken for the Study dividing equally among five Construction Companies.
- Data Collection:
Data will be collected from employee from different departments in an Organization.
- Primary Data:
The primary data will be collected through questionnaire. About 100 employees would be taken from four selected Construction Companies for the Study.
- Secondary Data:
The secondary data will be collected from HRM journals, magazines, text books on Management, websites and other publications.
- Data analysis
- Statistical tool such as Cross tabulation, charts, graphs, percentages and other suitable tools may be used to analyse the collected Data.
Period of the study: about 50 days
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY:
- The study is confined to HRM practices in Construction companies in Chandigarh only.
- The study is Limited to 100 employees working in Construction Companies
- The study is limited to for a period of 50 days only.
- The opinions and respondents may change over the period of time.
- The Data collected may become out-dated in future as new HRM practices may be implemented in future.