Need of the Study:
The purpose of the “Effectiveness of Project Management Techniques with reference to Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad-A Comparative Study” is to know the effective use of Project Management which draw on the wider knowledge and skills are being used in Real Estate Companies. The study will help in studying the effective utilisation of present Project Management which will help in working on companies’ different projects. The Study is undertaken to find out the effective use and application of Project Management in Real Estate Companies. The study will also throw light on the Project planning and information tracking of recent projects and the quality of Project Management which may have major impact on Project Manager’s satisfaction and decision making.
OBJECTIVESOF THE STUDY:
- To study the effective application of Project Management in Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad.
- To assess the quality of Project Management used in tracking the project Status and information access in selected Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad.
- To find the effective usage of Project Management by Project team working on various projects in Real Estate Companies.
- To know satisfaction level of Project Managers using Project Management and its impact on decision making and report preparation.
- To understand the need for changing from the present information system based on past records and quality problems with the existing Project Management.
Sampling frame: Sample frame will be taken from Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad
Sample size: Sample size will be around 100 respondents taking 20 each from among top five Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad city.
Sampling Method: The Sampling Procedure to be used is Convenience Sampling.
Sample Units: The Project Managers and Team working on different real estate project in Real Estate Companies will form part of the Sampling units. The following top five Real Estate Companies that are considered for the study are as follows:
- Jayabheri Properties
- Lanco Constructions
Data collection sources:
- Primary data: For this study Questionnaire will be prepared containing Variables on Project Management quality such as availability, reliability, relevance, accuracy, No of projects undertaken, information overload, Project planning and Scheduling system Impact on decision making, Project Manager’s satisfaction with Project Management, Impact of information, weekly status report, Project tracking through dashboards, Inspection, and other information related to Project Management.
- Secondary data: Under Exploratory Research, Secondary Data will be collected from Journals, Text books, Websites; Newspaper Articles will form part of the secondary data.
Data analysis tools:
Data collected from 100 respondents will be analyzed through Tables, charts and graphs using suitable measuring scales.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
- The study is limited to the Real Estate Companies Located in Hyderabad City only.
- The Study will be undertaken for a period of 40-50 days approximately
- The sample size is Limited to 100 respondents only.
- The opinion of the respondents may change over the period of time.
- The companies may upgrade its present Project Management in future.
SCOPE FOR FURTHER RESEARCH:
The study will help in understanding as to how effectively the Project Management is being used in Major Real Estate Companies in Hyderabad. The study will help in studying the problems associated with developing; Managing and application of Project Management. The modern tools will have an impact on quality, cost and Time factor of the companies’ projects and database management system. The present study will be a torch bearer for future researchers which will have an understanding of the companies’ dependence and effective use of current Project Management.