Research Methods: Assignment 1:
Critical Review (4000):
Note: **** indicates important
- Title Page :(Name of couse,university ,2 id’s)
- Table of content with page numbers
- Executive summary :(from study skills)
- Review of the literature:(literature which is in the article) /(summarise of article literature)
- ****Critics of the literature review:(what author missed out ,what we have to tell )-from outside sources
5.1: What are the areas of business discussed in the article?
5.2:what do other authors have to say on these subjects?
5.3:what do other authors say about the structure of such research papers? (Research methodology book Saunders)
5.4: how does the discussion in the article relate to the ideas of other authors on the subject?
- Methodology : (Summary of article methodology-process or method they used)
- **** Critics of the Methodology: ( Follow the onion-define, discuss each layer of onion and relate to the article)
7.1: How is the paper structured?
7.2: Does the structure of the paper fit with what you would expect?
7.3: What kind of Research methodology, Philosophy, Apporach, Strategis etc have been used?(see Saunders p.108&119)
7.4: What are the potential benefits and drawbacks of using these kinds of methodology, philosophy, Approach, Strategies etc?
7.5: What are the implications of the use of this for the research carried out?
7.6: Is the evidence provided reliable ? why/why not?
7.7:Are there any problems with the logic of the arguments made in the article ? how does this affect the conclusion drawn ?
- Recommendations and Conclusion
Dissertation proposal Power point Presentation:
- Title Slide (Name ,Title and 2 id’s)
- Question or Aim and Objectives:(At least 4-5 objectives)
Objectives: Literature Review: everything is published so far
: Construct Frame work
: Recommendations and conclusion
3&4 Slides. Literature review: (Show main authors, Back ground)
5, 6&7 slides. Methodology: Step by step follow onion
8. Ethical Considerations : ( Data Protection act and etc…)
9. Time table: propose a time table for 12 weeks –Planning of whole dissertation
- References: (min 10-12 resources)
For attraction make some graphes, figures and models.