The present study is aimed at understanding the Brand audit and preference towards Maruti Swift and Wagon R. The study is conducted to know brand preference for Maruti Swift and Wagon R. Both Descriptive and Exploratory Research has been used. This research is Descriptive in Nature partly because a well-structured questionnaire is used by taking the sample from 100 respondents for collecting primary data and Exploratory by collecting secondary data using books, journals and other text material.
As the other competitors are entering the market with variant models with stylish designs and colors. There is the scope and potential for Maruti Swift and Wagon R to capture each segment with the majority of share by studying the behavior of the consumers at regular intervals with utmost perfection and coming up with solutions that enhance customer loyalty and satisfaction. It is suggested to the company to improve the sales of the product by increasing the brand image. It is also suggested that to improve the design, advertisements, and features of the product. Further, it is suggested to Maruti Swift and Wagon R come out with better promotional strategies in order to gain a considerable market share.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY:
- To study the brand preference towards Maruti Swift Cars.
- To Study the brand preference towards Maruti Wagon R Cars.
- To do a comparative study between the branding strategies and performance of Maruti Swift and Wagon R cars based on brand auditing.
- To know the factors that influence in buying the Maruti swift and wagon R Cars.
- To come out with suitable suggestions that may help in improving the brand preference of both the brands.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY:
The study focuses on the brand auditing of hatch back cars with a special focus on the Maruti Swift and Wagon R cars. The scope of the study is limited to the brand performance and preference of both brands. The study relies both on primary and secondary information related to the topic under study. The marketing variables will be considered understudy while studying brand auditing. The period of 45 days will be considered for the study.
- The Research Design used in this Research is Descriptive and Exploratory Research.
- This research is Descriptive in Nature partly because a well-structured questionnaire is used for collecting detailed research using a Questionnaire.
- It is also exploratory as preliminary level research is to be conducted using Secondary data on the subject in hand.
The Sampling Procedure used is Area Sampling.
All the consumers who have purchased Maruti Swift and Wagon R form part of the Sampling units.
The population for the study consists of Maruti Swift and Wagon R owners which were collected from the visiting Customers and the staff working in the showrooms.
The Sample Size taken for the study is 100 separately for Maruti Swift and Wagon R.
DATA COLLECTION SOURCES:
The primary data was collected by Conducting Survey about the Consumer buying preference for Maruti Swift with the help of a structured Questionnaire in such a way that it was easily understood by the respondents.
The following is the list of dealers in Hyderabad from which data has been extracted:
The data was collected from various websites, the company’s literature, the Journal of Marketing, Automobile magazines, Articles from Business Newspapers like the Economic Times, Business Line, and other publications related to the subject under study.
The Data analysis was done by using various data tools such as cross-tables, Charts, Graphs, and Percentages.
The study is aimed at finding out the consumer’s opinion towards Maruti Swift and Wagon R. The study would reveal the intensity of the gap between the company’s deliverance and the consumer’s expectation. The revelation of the study would keep the company informed about the consumer’s Buying Behaviour towards the four-wheeler segment and try to come up with solutions to the problems faced during purchasing and post-purchasing of Maruti Swift and Wagon R.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
- The Research was conducted in Hyderabad City only.
- The study is limited to Wagon R and Maruti Swift.
- The sample size was limited to 100 respondents.
- The views and purpose of respondents may change.
- The Duration of the project is limited to approximately 45 days.