Solving these problems must be quick and transparent. Often, Students shy away from writing complaints and suggestions into the box, as students are afraid of peer views of their actions.
A College Complaints Suggestions and Compliances Web Application to allow students to raise complaints and suggestions transparently without exposing their identity.
The Objectives of this application are:
- Allows students to log in with E-mail verification before submission of complaints and suggestions
- Allows students to track their submissions from their portal
- Allows teachers to reply and change the status of the submissions without exposing student’s USN
- Provides a pie chart representing the types of submissions
- Admin can block submissions using foul languages
Step 1: The web application loads the home page. With options of Student, Teacher, and Admin
Step 2: On selecting Student, the user must first log in using the login page. On successful login, the user is greeted with the student portal.
Step 3: The student portal allows users to check the status of the previous complaints, and suggestions.
Step 4: Students can click to submit complaints and suggestions, after the verification page using email verification.
Step 5: The student can click on the logout option and is then taken to the login page, which has the option to return to the home page
Step 6: On clicking the teacher option on the home page, the teacher has to log in. They are then taken to the teacher’s home page. The teacher can choose to view complaints and suggestions.
Step 7: On clicking on a complaint/suggestion is taken to the auction page. Where the teacher can change the status of the complaint with the option to reply.
Step 8: After replying, the teacher is taken back to the teacher’s home portal. On logging out, you are taken to the login page, with the option to be redirected to the home page
Step 9: On clicking the Admin option on the home page, the admin has to log in. They are then taken to the Admin home page. Admin can choose to view complaints and suggestions which are blocked due to the use of foul language. After allowing or disallowing the admin is returned to the Admin home portal. On logging out, you are taken to the login page, with the option to be redirected to the home page.
Login: This module allows students, teachers, and Admin to log in with different access to web pages and controls. The username and hash of the password are compared with the Tables stored in the Database.
Signup: This module allows students, teacher, and Admin to register their access to the web application. By signing up the user is registered in the Database, so that their login credential is saved for future logins.
Complaint and Suggestion Form: This module allows students to fill up complaints or suggestions. Before uploading to Database. It checks for any foul language violation. It marks the entry to be checked by the admin, before allowing it to be viewed by the teacher.
Student Submission view: This module allows students to view the status and reply to their complaints or suggestions previously raised. On clicking the user can re-open a submission.
Verification: Students have to enter the One-time password (OTP) sent to their email to verify the authenticity of the complaint and suggestions. This module is implemented using PHPMailer Library.
Teacher submission view: This module allows concerned teachers to view the complaints and suggestions without revealing students’ USN. On selecting a submission, the teacher can update the status, reply to the same, and notify the same to the student’s email.
Admin unblock submission: Display submissions flagged due to misuse of the platform. Allows admin to unblock the submission if it is appropriate, and updates the same in Database.
- This application can be used in all colleges to collect Complaints and suggestions
- It can be viewed by a teacher without relieving student’s use
- Students get updated by their emails when the status of their submissions changes
- The teacher can view a pie chart representing the type of submission. So, they can concentrate on a given area
- Submissions using foul language are blocked and are reviewed by Admin
The internet is a very powerful platform for people to share their views in confidence. This Web Technology Mini Project draws further on the notion of the same lines, allowing Students to place complaints and suggestions without relieving their identity. Colleges and institutions improve from the useful insights provided through our platform. Thus, allowing them to understand the needs of students wholesomely.
Related Projects Ideas on College Students Complaints Suggestions and Compliances System:
- Students and Teachers based College Notice board System Java Project
- Development of Online College Yearbook Java Project
- Mobile based College Student Communication Portal App
- College Feedback System Java Project
- Campus Pedia – College Management System PHP Project
- Online College Management System PHP Project
- College Campus Application for Activities and Notifications
- Student Friendly College Management System