Since my internship was for four months, I could not be a part of the entire Appraisal System but only the Review system.
A customized and relevant Review System was prepared which would fulfill both the needs of Management and Employees. The Self Review Form and Peer Feedback form was designed and then sessions were conducted to make the employees understand the Process and importance of Performance Review. Then as scheduled the one-one meeting between the employee and their respective Team Leader was conducted and the final report was given to HR Manager.
This Review would help Employees in their upcoming Performance Appraisal where the hikes, incentives etc would be based on their targets set at the time of Review.
Objectives of the Study
Halcyon being a start – up company I got the opportunity to design a new Performance Review System under the guidance of HR Manager. The secondary objectives of my study were:
1. To develop an effective Performance Appraisal system.
2. To know the Requirements of management regarding the designing of new Appraisal system and Review System.
3. To help the Employee in understanding the Process of Performance Review.
as the whole Process was designed by the HR department, I was also involved in it from the designing stage to the implementation part of the Review system. In this process I could recognize the benefits derived out of this system as well as observed some drawbacks.
My Findings from the questionnaire were:
1. The perception of employees regarding performance Review was a hike in Salary, which is not the case in reality.
2. After knowing the requirements of employees a training session was conducted to help the employees understand the need and process of Performance Review and Criteria to give Self Rating.
3. They were aware of the fact that the General Work Behavior would play a major role in their Review but were unaware of all the Standards and Aspects used to Evaluate their Performance
4. The process did not take place in the exact time frame as planned and scheduled.
5. A good improvement was seen in the inter-personal relationship between the team leader and subordinates.
6. Many employees could not justify the ratings given by them in the Self Review Form.
7. It helped the employees in understanding their past performance and setting up of targets and goals for future.
8. They got to understand the organizational needs and it helped in developing a sense of belonging towards the company.
9. It helped the management in identifying the Caliber of employees and encourage the same.
10. The employer and employees got a platform to understand each other in a better manner.
11. The management was too much dependent on team leaders for conducting
12. When the Peer Feedback Form was given employees were too hesitant in giving ratings to their colleagues.
After the successful completion of the whole Process of Performance Review System MBA HR Project under the supervision of the HR Manager I.e. by recognizing the need for Review policy, designing the policy, taking up a presentation to explain the importance and process of Review, attending the meetings with the team leader, being a part in discussions by the management regarding appraisals and analysis of the feedback given by employees helped me to evaluate the benefits and shortcomings of the Performance Review Process and recommend the measures to improve the same.
Download Performance Review System MBA HR Project