Project: Detect letters “S”, “T”, “U” and colour them red
Domain: Analysis for Mobile Computing Project
Steps of the project:
- implementation of a web‐based application using the Java programming language.
- Initially, the application allows the uploading of an image file(jpeg) toexecution environment
- Later it executes a transformation by applying template matching algorithm
- The result of the transformation is then downloadable from the provided web site.
- Implement a web‐based Java application. Generate a Web Application Archive (.war file) and upload it to the execution environment (will be provided by university).
- As execution environment use Apache Tomcat v. 8.0.26; Java SE v. 8u60 64 bit on a Linux system.
- Main functionality of application (included in .war file):
- Provide a webpage for uploading files (image files) to execution environment
- Provide a Servlet for processing the individual task
- The result of the individual task must be displayed in the provided webpage
- General workflow of your application: Upload file to server, process the application logic to solve the task and return the result (image file) to the requesting browser (see illustration below)
Just for idea sake:
To access your application use following structure:
http://<server ip>:8080/<group ID>/<application name>
For imaging tasks use jpeg as image format, picture size 640×480 pixel
- For documentation of the project use Javadoc functionalities inside source code.
- Generate HTML representation of the documentation and provide it inside the .war file you will upload to the demonstration system.
- The documentation must describe application logic (i.e. functionality, classes, methods, attributes) and a manual to use the application in detail.
- Use no other libraries than provided by Java SE (i.e. no additional libraries for image processing permitted).