In general routing of data across large number of nodes and routers is a tedious task in a real time wireless networks like MANET’s. To transmit the data across the networks with in the available bandwidhth is most costly issue and consumes many routers and thus the efficiency of the networks is dropped down a lot and to get rid of this situation a new system is being developed, such that is divides the available network resources and bandwidht and thus increasing the effeiciency of the wireless networks.
A bandwidth routing protocol is proposed in this project for the support of Quality-of-Service (QOS) in a mobile network. In mobile networks, the QOS routing feature is significant for interconnecting wired networks (for instance, internet, ATM etc). Also, in an individual multichip mobile network, QOS routing protocol can work for real-time applications
Bandwidth allocation and end-to-end bandwidth calculation are included in the QOS routing protocol. By using such a routing protocol, the bandwidth is informed to the source and QOS will be available to the mobile network destination.
The proceed with this project, both the qualitative and quantitative methods are used. Effeciency of the wireless networks are measured and increased with the help of qualitative approach and the resultant data is analysed by quantitative methods.
Front-end tool: JAVA 1.4
MS ACCESS Data base
Basic Viva Questions and Answers for this project
1. Can you explain what kind of efficiency in wireless network you are talking about, and what kind of wireless network (there are so many: WLAN, MANET, WPAN, WiMAX, WCDMA, are you talking about all of them?)
We are using MANET as the wireless networks.
2. How would you plan to increase such efficiency (if you can explain the 1st question)?
Drawing nodes in a particular network is the main objective of this project. The nodes can be added, deleted, the weight of the node can be changed, and the node can also be removed by making the node weight zero. The best path can also be identified for the designed network and thus the efficiency can be increased. By changing the weight of the node to zero, best path to the designated network can be found.
3. In the problem statement you talked about simulation, what kind of simulation software/package are you referring to?
A typical network is considered and typical nodes are simulated with the help of java software with the help of java.net API and all the routers are simulated here.
4. You also mentioned qualitative and quantitative methods in anticipated artefact. Can you explain what these methods are? Are you going to analyze by theoretical formula / equations?
Qualitative and quantitative methods are used to measure the bandwidth and its calculation using few networking equations. Different networking models are considered here and the transmission requirements are analyzed and below is a sample equation being used
5. Based on question 3 and 4, I do not understand in your project are you going to do simulation or just theoretical analysis, or both? And how will you do that?
In this project, I am doing both practical simulation and also theoretical analysis.
6. In anticipated resource requirement, you mentioned JAVA and ACCESS database, I do not understand how will you use such two software to do analysis / simulation. Can you explain this?
In java, I am going to use java.net package to simulate the nodes and routers and ACCESS database is used to store all the possible routing information and routing tables and a typical JDBC package is used to access the database.