Sql Server Language :- TSQL
SQL Server Tools :-
- SQL Server Profiles
- DB Tuning Advisor.
User a TSQL a SQL Server DataBase
- TSQL is a language used to communicate with SQL Server.
- TSQL is based on SQL language.
- SQL is introduced by IBM and internal name of that language [SQL]is called “SEQUEL” and later re-named to “SQL”.
SQL :- (Structure query language)
User communicates with DB server by submitting in structure is called “queries”.
SQL follows ANSI, ISO standards:
- SQL server – RDBMS
- ORACLE – RDBMS product
- TSQL – RDBMS LANG
- SQL – RDBMS LANG.
SQL is common to all rdbms
- QBE and QUEL are languages for rdbms Mysql
- QBE- Query by example- which is used in ms access
- QUEL-query language
Which are not standardized, so sql is popular
Depends on operators performed over database so sql is categorized in following sub-languages.
- DDL [data definition language]
- DML [data manipulation language]
- DRL [data retrieval language]
- TCL [transaction control language]
- DCL [data control language]
- Used to define data.
Example: Empno Ename Sal Data defination
1 XX 1000 Data
It is a set of command to perform operation over data definition.
- Create ->To create data definition
- Alter->To modify data definition
- Drop->To remove data definition
- Truncate->To empty the table
Note : Data definition exits without data but not vice versa.
DML are set of commands to perform operators or data.
- Insert->To insert data.
- Update->To modify data.
- Delete->To delete data.
- Merge [from 2008]
It is also called [upsent]
- It is combination of insert & update.
It is a set of command to retrieve data from db.
Set of commands to process transaction.
- Commit->To Save transactions.
- ROLLBACK->To cancel Transaction
- Save Transaction->To cancel part of transaction.
Set of commands to control data (or)to provide security.
- GRANT->To give permission to users.
- REVOKE->To take back the permission for user