RATIONALE OF THE STUDY:
The present study is undertaken with the objective of knowing the digital resources available in Engineering Colleges and its impact on Students learning Methods. The study aims to analyze the need for managing quality education through the use of modern technology in the field of Library science and making Technical education more effective through access to the digital knowledge tools.
OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY:
- To Study the scope of Digital Knowledge resources in Engineering College libraries at Hyderabad.
- To study the use of different Knowledge resources available to the students in Engineering College libraries at Hyderabad.
- To find out the problems faced by students in accessing and sharing of knowledge.
- To recommend suitable measures to improve the Knowledge resources by Engineering Colleges.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The Scope of the Study is limited to Selected Engineering students to find out the available digital resources and its impact on student learning.
- Exploratory Research: This Research will be helpful in Collecting Secondary Data.
- Descriptive Research: This Research will be undertaken by collecting primary data using Questionnaire and interviewing Engineering Students from selected Colleges in Hyderabad.
Sampling Frame: The sample frame will be taken from among the List of Engineering Colleges located in Hyderabad.
Sampling technique: Convenience sampling
Sample size: 100
Sampling Units: Students from top Engineering Colleges in Hyderabad will form part of Sampling Units. A sample of 100 students from the following Engineering colleges form the Sampling units
- University College of Engineering, Osmania University (UCE),
- TKR Engineering College(TKREC)
- Chaitanya Bharthi Institute of Technology(CBIT)
- Vasavi College of Engineering and Technology(VCET)
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology (MGIT)
- CSE department, JNTUH.
Primary data: Data to be collected using Questionnaire from among the Top Six Engineering Colleges in Hyderabad.
Secondary data: Data from journals, magazines, books, Newspaper articles, and the internet may form part of the secondary data.
Data Analysis Tools: Charts, graphs, and Tables will be used for analysis.
LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY:
- This study is limited to 100 samples from engineering students at Hyderabad.
- The Study is conducted in Hyderabad city only
- The study will be limited to a period of 40-50 days approximately.
- The opinions of the respondents may change over a period of time.
DIRECTIONS FOR FURTHER RESEARCH:
The present study will be a torch bearer for upcoming research students, academicians, and Colleges because nowadays most of the top Engineering colleges are well equipped with digital resources and are playing important role in students learning with e-journals, websites, e-books, and open files. To Engineering Students, the benefits of these developments are enormous. However, the intensity of our knowledge requirements, and the volume of information potentially available, demand still better ways of organizing and managing library information.