With the help of advancement in the web applications as well as the improved speed of the connection nowadays the environment of the internet is becoming more and more sophisticated. Still the base of the technology that is that layer of the protocol that we are using is not getting similarly updated as per the weight of today’s web browsers and applications. This has made the browsing slow. The group of the Google initiative chromium has created the SPDY which is an over fixing protocol. It can fix almost 52% of the increased browsing speed. Some of the most important HTTP protocol bottlenecks that lead the browsing to a slow speed are:
- Layer problems of various applications
- Appearing of too many connections from a single server
- Requests for poor pipelining
- Slow-start delays
- Request for today setups of connections
SPDY protocol is known to be a framing layer that multiples the choice across a single connection stream of TCP connections. This layer is optimized for a request like streams of HTTP and further concentrates in case of resolving all the above problems. There are three improvements basically in SPDY over the HTTP connection. They are as follows:
- Compressed header: for saving a good amount of bandwidth and latency headers are available in compressed forms.
- Prioritized requests: certain request can be made by the clients for faster delivery.
- Multiplexed requests: there is no limit to the request number that can be issued from a single connection of SPDY concurrently.
The protocol of speedy is a layer of application that is built by the chromium projects which is a portion of Google initiatives that is “Let’s make the web faster”. This protocol is designed to reduce the speed of the latencies that appears on the web pages.