Sub-Programs in SQL Server :-
- Db triggers
procedures & functions are also called “sub-programs”
subprograms means called in main program.
Difference between Anonymous and named:
- Block without name
- anononymous blocks are saved in “operating system file”
- These blocks are not secured.
- These blocks can’t be re-used.
- Every time compile & executed.
- blocks with name.
- but the named blocks are saved in “database”
- but named blocks are secured.
- but named blocks can be re-used.
- Named blocks are one time compilation And every time execution
Main advantages of creating procedures and functions :-