INTEGRITY CONSTRAINTS :-
- Business rules can be implemented in two ways :
- Declarative Approach
- Procedural Approach
- Declarative using integrity constraints
- Procedural using database triggers.
- If business rules are simple,then they com be implemented by using Integrity constraints.
- If business rules are complex, then the database-triggers.
- Integrity constraints used to : implement the business rule and Used to validate data.
- An integrity constraint ensures data integrity.
Integrity constraints are 3 types :-
- Entity integrity
- Domain integrity
- Referential integrity