The Design & Development of the Computer Science investigatory project on the Library Management System using C++ OOPs Concepts Project for the academic students.
First and foremost, I thank god for having given me the strength and courage for the successful completion of this Library Management System project work.
I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the college principal who has provided me with well-equipped labs.
I wish to express my deep and profound sense of gratitude to my Computer Science guide for having given me valuable support, encouragement, and assistance in producing a successful project.
I would also like to extend my sincere thanks to my parents for their valuable support and cooperation which helped me a lot in carrying out this Library Management System project work successfully.
Objective of Project
- The objective of the Library Management System project is to computerize the functions of the Library.
- Computerization helps in better record keeping and management of the Library.
- This simplifies the work of the Librarian as he/she can keep a better check on which book is issued by which student.
- Newly arrived books can easily be added, and data about any book can easily be modified with the help of this project.
- Also, records can be transferred from one system to the other without any loss of information.
The Hardware Used :
While developing the Library Management System software, the hardware used is:
PC with Intel Core 2 Duo processor having 2.00 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Disk, SVGA, and other required devices.
The Software Used :
- Microsoft Windows® 8 as Operating System.
- TurboC 7 v2.1 for coding.
- MS-Word 2010 for documentation.
1) Class book
bno : char type (6 characters)
bname : char type (50 characters)
aname : char type (20 characters)
create_book: to read bno, bname & aname and create book.
show_book: to display details of the book when it is issued.
modify_book: to modify the name & author of the
bookretbno: to return bno
2) CLASS STUDENT
Admno : char type (6 characters)
name: char type (20 characters)
stbno : char type (6 characters)
token : integer type
create_student : to create student record.
show_student : to display a specific student record.
modify_student : to modify student’s name.
retadmno : to return admission no. of student.
retstbno : to return the issued book no.
addtoken : to store the value of token as 1 book is issued.
resettoken : to reset the value of the token to 0 is book is returned.
1) Main menu
2) Administrator Menu
3) Creating a Student record
4) Displaying all the student’s records
5) Displaying details of a specific student
6) Modifying a student’s record
7) Deleting a student’s record
8) Entering a new book
9) Displaying all the books
10) Displaying details of a specific book
11) Modifying details of a book
12) Deleting a book
13) Issuing a book
14) Depositing a book
Download the Complete C++ Project on Library Management System