Project Title: Automatic soil irrigation over IOT
• The system will detect the moisture level in soil with help of moisture sensor.
• The system will be interfaced to Microcontroller board which will be tracking the status of soil moisture level.
• A Wi-Fi module is interfaced to Arduino motherboard and the same module is paired with the wireless router.
• A small water pump will be activated automatically when the moisture level in soil decreases to a minimum point.
• The entire unit works with 9V/ 1A power supply.
• User or admin will get the live status report of soil moisture level in ground and water pump running status from a remote location.
Non Functional specifications:
• The entire project electronics part is fixed in 200mm X 150mm X 100mm ABS plastic box with mounting holes.
• The entire system will be fixed in a waterproof box with IP 65 standards.
• This project will be easy to use and a person with minimum knowledge can also understand.
• The entire system has very minimum wires outside with proper name tags.
• The unit will easy to configure the surface (Tree/pole / flat surface).
• This project is totally shock protected.
• This project is low-cost automation for farmers/agriculture sectors.
• Soil moisture sensor 1no.
• Water motor pump 9V 1no.
• Water pipes 2 meters.
• Arduino board 1no.
• AC to DC Adaptor 9V/ 1A.
• ESP8266 wifi module
• Connecting wires.
• Arduino IDE is used to develop the entire project source code.
• Eagle CAD is used to develop circuit design.