The main objective of the Home Safety and Security System Using IoT project is to implement a home safety and security system with the following features:
- Monitoring and detection of leaks in LPG gas
- Unauthorized opening of door/window
The hardware for the project consists of:
GISMO-V board with:
- ESP32 dual-core 32-bit processor with Wi-Fi and BLE
- MQ6 sensor module
- Magnetic switch assembly
- 0.96” OLED display with 128×64 resolution
In this project, we are going to use Google’s firebase as a cloud database. It is a No-SQL database in which data is stored as Key-Value pairs.
To access the database the following credentials are required
- Host URL
- Database authentication key
These credentials are put into the ESP32 firmware to access the Google Firebase.
The keys used to store the parameter values in the project are:
- IOTLAB/ HSSS/Window_Open
- The Modular rapid mobile app development utility is used for the development of the mobile app. The utility has two modes, a Developer mode, and a Blocks mode. Different functional blocks are available in developer mode, they are – User Interface, Sensors, Connectivity, Firebase, and so on.
- In the Blocks mode, a timer with timing set to two seconds will fetch the LPG gas concentration and magnetic switch status values from the Firebase database and fill it in the appropriate place in the UI.
- To access the Firebase dataset its credentials will be placed in the Firebase component of the Modular app.
Results and Conclusions:
With the help of the MQ6 sensor and magnetic switch, we monitored the leakage in LPG gas and also the window/door open status.
We can get notified with the help of the mobile app.
Download the complete Home Safety and Security System Using IoT Project code, report, ppt, design document, and SRS.