We have management systems for different applications such as schools, library, hospital etc. but our main objective is to develop a web-based application for homeowners with critical home repairs, accessibility modifications, and energy-efficient upgrades. This project helps to bring the communities together in efforts to assist those in need of general home repair and improvements. In this project, the Homeowners must submit an application form with a request. Then the admin review the received application and assign work to the respective employee based on skills and availability
Proposed Web Application Portal
- Application portal being designed will help to integrate different functionalities of the organization by coordinating different users of the application through the single portal.
Modules of the System:
- Applicant (Home Owner)
- Employee (persons skilled at a wide range of repairs, typically around the home)
Current Work Flow:
- Homeowners must submit an application form with a request.
- The admin reviews the received application and match the information to the eligibility criteria and accept/decline applications accordingly.
- The admin later makes a list of all the home repairs that need to be scheduled.
- The scheduled work orders are then allocated to respective Employee based on skill set, availability etc.,
- Admin also maintains employee information in their database.
- An employee can register online and view projects assigned to them through the portal.
- New Application: All applications sent through the mail are keyed into the system through this page. This is same as the online application form.
- If there are any type of repairs related to home, then homeowners can simply visit our website and can send a request for serving all those home related repairs through this application module
- Review/Modify Applications: Applications are modified and are approved or rejected by the admin through this page. Applications to be modified can be searched by three options. From date to date, by the last name and by status which can be pending, approved or rejected.
Data Flow Diagrams:
Employee Use Case Diagram:
Volunteer Use Case Diagram:
Applicant (Home Owner) Use case Diagram:
Employee Sequence Diagram:
Volunteer Sequence Diagram:
Employee Collaboration Diagram:
Volunteers Collaboration Diagram:
Employee State chart Diagram:
Volunteer Sate Chart Diagram:
Employee Activity Diagram:
Volunteer Activity Diagram:
- New project: Projects are created for all approved applications. Application for which project is to be created is selected using the search button. Pop up should open on clicking search and should display all approved applications with no projects created on the dashboard by default.
- View/Modify Project Details: Project is selected from dashboard which is displayed when searched with the last name. Click on Project ID should redirect to View/Modify Project page. This is same as new Project page but with all editable fields except Project ID.
- View/Modify Employee Details: Project search page is same as view/modify project details. Click on Project ID should redirect to View/Modify Employee page. “NO Employees Assigned” message should be displayed if no employees are assigned. Employees assigned are displayed in a table. Task and House captain fields should be editable.
- Assign Employee: Click on Search button for Project ID should open a pop-up. It should display project ids with no employee assigned. On selecting a project all details related to that project should be displayed on assign employees page.
- A new user should register by providing all details given in Personal details page.
- First time sign into the portal for the current year (May 2108 – April 2018) should display a message
- “Do you wish to be Handyman for the XXXX year (current 2018)”.
Project Table Structure:
1. Add project table:
5. volunteer table
Download Chores Made Easy Home Repairs Java Project.