Web grabber project is developed in asp.net which is useful to download entire website pages in offline mode and view pages any time. Here we provide project report and design details for this project.
Web Grabber has the following features:
- Pages are downloaded easily, from a single page to an entire site
- Directory tree on the local machine is created automatically
to match the downloaded site
- URLs that refer to downloaded pages are translated automatically
- Images can be downloaded with pages (this is a settable feature)
- Site configuration can be programmed and stored, accessible later from a menu
- The Web browser can be accessed from the Web Grabber application
This project is developed using C# (.Net) framework on Windows XP platform. We assure that our proposed computerization will be fully benefited to the requirements of the application.
In this modern world internet serves as a means of connecting people all around the world. Today much of the data is transferred by the internet as mails and important information is downloaded from the internet. But people with slow connection may not be able to download the data while many people are online as the connection will be slow as many users are using the same bandwidth. Moreover they will also have to pay money for the extra usage of their connection . There is no way both of this could be done without being on-line. Our proposed system overcome all these disadvantages in an efficient manner giving the client full power to use internet while he is off-line.
Limitations of the existing system:
1.People with slow connection may not be able to download the data while many people are online as the connection will be slow as many users are using the same bandwidth.
2. Moreover they will also have to pay money for the extra usage of their connection.
It has the following features.
- Online Browsing
- URL Parsing
- URL Reconstruction
- URL blocking
- URL unblocking
- Offline Browsing
- User Authentication