Project Title : Train Journey Planner Locating Nearer Station
Project Duration : 4 Months.
Project Description : This application is useful for passenger to find the nearer railway station from given location. User can see Google Map for railway station and see path and distance of station. It will display available trains between two stations.
Operating System : Windows 7,Windows XP
Tools and Technology :
Front End Tool : Android 2.3.3
Back End Tool : SQLite database
Tools Used : Eclipse 3.6, Eclipse Plug-in for SDK & ADT
Documentation Tool : Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio
Other Tool : Adobe Photoshop 7
Train Journey Planner Locating Nearer Station is android mobile application, developed using Android SDK platform. It is compatible with Android OS. Tool used is Eclipse with the Android SDK plug-in and ADT 6.0 plug in to develop entire application.
The idea behind developing this application is to make life faster & smarter and reduced effort of human. To plan a journey it is very difficult to find a train schedule, So we decide to make a small state level mobile application.
This application is useful for passenger to find the nearer railway station from given location. User can see Google Map for railway station and see path and distance of stations. It will display available trains between two stations from that user can find day and type wise train information.
- To plan a journey it is very difficult to find train schedules on internet so we decided to make one small state-level train schedule information application on Android Platform.
- User face the problem find which train come at which time for that they call the railway inquiry ,some time railway person don’t give proper answer .So we think that make the application which help to find train schedule.
- When user plan a journey, at that time, some place has a no railway station, so they face the problem, which nearer place have railway station.
- This application will help for the person who has to check the train schedule at any time according to the requirements.
Selecting development strategy:
- Object Oriented System Design
In this Train Journey Planner Locating Nearer Station application we have used Android SDK as a front end tool and SQLite as a backend tool.
- This Application runs on Android Phones with android version 2.3.3 or later with at least 4 MB free space of internal memory and at least 12 MB of memory card space.
- Android phone must support internet connection facility to get full functionalities on targeted Android phone; it may be WiFi or GSM.
- This application runs on Android Phones with Android 2.3.3 OS or later.
- It will display path between two stations.
- It will display distance between source and destination.
- By clicking on marker user can see the address of the railway station.
- It will display the nearer railway station based on the user’s given location.
- User can find train schedule based on diverse (Source & destination).
- According to the selection of day user can find the train.
- User can find train type wise like Superfast, Express etc..