Total Quality Management is a new mantra in ever organization. It is defined involvement of all the employees in organization towards achieving quality product on a continual improvement basis. The present study was conducted in a cement industry in Hyderabad Viz. Maha Cements, Hyderabad. For collecting the data and input.
One of the quality philosophy is adopted by Toyota Company in Japan, General Motors in USA, Honda company in Japan, Maruti Udyog in India, Tata Steel, TVS Group of companies, Mahindra and Mahindra group of Companies has adopted Total Quality Management principles in their organizations.
There are so many intellectuals working towards the principles of Quality management system. Edward Deming, Shewart, Juran are pioneers for implementing the quality management principles and given number of demonstrations throughout the world for development of quality systems in organization.
The Total Quality Management principles not only applicable to organizations and it can be adopted in service organizations as well. Applo Hospitals, Sun Rise Hospitals, in Hyderabad has adopted Total Quality Management System in their service organizations.
The objectives of the Present Study
- Understand what total quality management (TQM) and why it is important.
- Outline the various definitions of quality and project TQM’s viewpoint about Quality
- Bring out the characteristics features of TQM
- Give special attention the way TQM has been presented as a model.
- Making the organization flexible and learning oriented to cope with change
- Provide confidence to its internal management and other employees that the requirements of quality are being fully filled.
- Provide confidence to the customer and other stakeholders
- Improve the quality of its own operations.
- Achieve, maintain, and continuously improve the quality of products
- Reduction of the lead times
- Increase of the flexibility and profitability
- Early mistake recognition
- Mistake prevention as a preventive step
Purpose of the Present Study
1. Reduction in wastage: It ensures things are done right and first time ok, so this reduces wastage and defects Quality Assurance. TQM guarantees that all the products and even operations in the org. are of a certain quality standard. This promotes trust to the consumers and also maintains a healthy environment for employees.
2. Customer-base: TQM focuses on the needs of the customers and can be used effectively, to make changes to the existing product design to meet such needs.
3. Failure Analysis: TQM is a statistical tool also. Hence provides a learned person with the faults and failures in various processes. This in turn can be used to make corrective progress.
4. Make Continuous Improvement: This is because changes will enable the organization to develop and explore quality.
5. Managing Supplier Quality
6. Employee empowerment
7. Process improvement:
This research is of EXPLORATORY RESEARCH DESIGN .I will used the questionnaire method for collecting the data.
Data collection: This data is primary data, which I’ll collect with the help of questionnaire.
The secondary data will be collected from company policies, net, Journals etc. The data collected will be analyzed and the same will be interpreted. The compiled data will help me to arrive for conclusion which will help me to give suggestions.
NEED FOR THE STUDY:
1. Reduction in wastage: It ensures things are done right and first time ok, so this reduces wastage and defects
2. Quality Assurance: TQM guarantees that all the products and even operations in the org. are of a certain quality standard. This promotes trust to the consumers and also maintains a healthy environment for employees.
3. Customer-based: TQM focuses on the needs of the customers and can be used effectively, o make changes to the existing product design to meet such needs.
4. Failure Analysis: TQM is a statistical tool also. Hence provides a learned person with the faults and failures in various processes. This in turn can be used to make corrective progress.
5. Make Continuous Improvement
6. Managing Supplier Quality: Company Concepts must extend to company suppliers.
7. Employee empowerment: Increased employee involvement in design and planning.
8. Process improvement
Expected Contribution from the Study
- Complete Understanding the tools & Techniques of TQM.
- The TQM Implementation challenges in Indian Manufacturing Industry.
- Future trends of TQM in Indian Manufacturing Industries.
- How to coordinate between Men, Machine and Mechanism in effective Implementation of TQM.
- Contribution of TQM to Indian economy by its Implementation in Industries.
- Planning, Organizing, Coordinating, Implementing & Controlling TQM.
Limitations of study: Many of the problems associated with quality programs are the result of increased complexity.
- Employees of the organization may hide the fact.
- The management did not agree to disclose all the confidential data.
- Numbers of respondents are very less, so clear conclusion can’t be drawn.
- It must meet specifications.
- It must be fit for the use to which it is put by the customer.
- It is a tool for restructuring is its focus.
- Initially higher cost of production as more is recognized as rejects.
- Cost of training personnel.
- Cost of implementing stages of feedback for employees.
Direction of future research
Spending 45 days in 3 Manufacturing units.