This Web Page defines the requirements for the Student Social Networking Site. The College Student seeks to develop a web portal, to be able to link the students with the colleges / universities. The Student portal will be a platform for students to submit their details and for colleges around the world to be able to view the profiles. This would also help students to network and interact to be able to make their choices. The Student portal may provide useful information on programs offered by Universities globally and help Universities seek the right students. Also include list of training programs through distance learning & also vocational training programs. Target Audience would be Students, Executives, working men, colleges and Universities.
1.2 Document Conventions
The document is to have georgia fonts and should be in size 11 and have to be maintained in the Project repository in the doc’s folder in branches.
1.3 Intended Audience and Reading Suggestions
The audience for the Project is the system architects, designers, project manager, coding and testing team.
1.4 Project Scope
The Student Social Networking Project has to be completed in 4 phases:
The milestones for development will be as under:
- Completion of the Initial framework, with working prototype: The prototype runs on LAMP platform. It should be a completely working module with all functionalities as defined in the Business Requirements document. All code and documents to be maintained in a Project Code repository on a server as per the Config management document.
- Completion of the user interface with all pages: The content shall be provided and the User interface design as well as the pages needs to be done.
- Integration and testing followed by Load, Performance & Security Test results: The testing needs to be done and Documentation to be created and full source code has to be transferred to Godaddy Web Server.
- User Acceptance Testing and changes and making changes as per review: UAT and all tests to be done from clients end and all documentation including admin & user docs like Help docs has to be created. Any changes as part of UAT to be completed.
The Student Networking Site shall have resume management, networking, forums, skill development, video conferencing, personal space and so on.
2. Overall Description
2.1 Portal Perspective
The Student Social Networking Portal will help the students submit their profile and search for the right programs.
The features shall be as per the site map described.
2.3 Operating Environment
The server hardware would be IBM and OS would be Linux based.
2.4 Design and Implementation Constraints
The key constraint here is training of the administrators. The interface should be completely user friendly that’s self administrable.
2.5 User Documentation
The deliverables shall include a Admin manual for the CMS and a Help section for the Users.
2.6 Assumptions and Dependencies
One of the key assumptions is that all the students will be checking the College / University sites and we have to see if they can browse and come back to this site.
3. System Features
The portal should have generic features like:
2. Robust Security Feature
3. video resumes
4. Upload and downloading of applications & other docs
6. Registration for newsletter to get updates from colleges
7. Facility for users to submit research papers
8. Reports publication on the web
9. Online survey on colleges
10. Smart logic to calculate result and display
11. Calendar with upcoming events with details
12. Online registration for events and for each university/college
13. Each user will have his own space
14. Uploading, approving and display of testimonials by students
15. Offer testing & assessment platform to the colleges
16. Communication module for interaction
17. Registration of user and signing up for newsletters, training and international seminars from the portal on approval
18. Faq available to address to common question
19. Site map will be available for quick navigation to the required information
20. Multi lingual support will be available throughout the site – babel fish
21. Terms and conditions of using the site would be available
22. Flexible admin control paned for creation content and maintenance by the colleges
23. User friendly design for better look and fill.
24. Custom validation for correct data entry.
25. Training Module
26. Managing Ads Module for Super Admin
27. Workflow management
28. Application Management
29. Communication Module
4. Interface Requirements
4.1 User Interfaces
The home page will be along the looks of facebook.com, with a similar navigation.
4.2 Software Interfaces
The Student Social Networking Site would be on Single-sign on.
4.3 Communications Interfaces
There will be a conferencing interface wherein a Video conferencing needs to be implemented. This will have a link on the portal and this would run on a Red 5 server. The SMS API’s shall be provided.
5. Other Nonfunctional Requirements
5.1 Performance Requirements
The Student Social Networking Site has to be built taking 100,000 (Hundred thousand concurrent users).
5.2 Safety Requirements
The Student Social Networking Site shall have to be secure as personal data of the members should not be accessible. A Penetration testing needs to be done after the site is completed.
5.3 Software Quality Attributes
The Student Social Networking Site has to be adaptable, scalable, searchable, maintainable, portable, reliable, reusable, robust, testable, and have ease of use.
6. Other Requirements
The Student Social Networking Site should have a counseling module for Chat support based discussions.