Struts for Beginners:-
- Struts software is created based on MVC2 architecture /design pattern. Using struts we can develop only MVC2 architecture based java web application and programmer cannot use struts to develop other architecture based web applications.
- In the process of developing struts application maximum MVC2 principles will be implemented automatically.
- In struts application development resources, layers are fixed. The comm. between these resources and layers is also fixed. But logics in some of these resources are programmer choice.
- Type: java based web framework software
- 1.3. X (compatible with jdk1.4+), 2.1 X (compatible with jdk1.5+)
- Vender: Apache foundation
- Open source software
- Download software as zip file from www.struts.apache.org web site.
- Extract the zip file to file for installing struts software
- Creator: Craig mcclanahan
- For help: www.struts.apache.org, www.forume.apache .org
- For reference books: Jakarta struts1.x—from O’relly press.
- Struts 1.x software zip file: struts-1.3.8-all.zip and Struts-1.3.10-all.zip
- For struts 2.x software zip file: struts-2.1.13-all.zip file.
– Framework software provides abstraction layer on core technologies that means framework software generates the common logics of the same category application & makes app. Developer the application specific logic.
– In this process application development time will be reduced.
Normal Servlets & JSP based MVC2 Architecture Web Application :-
- View layer->develop all logics manually (presentation logic)
- Controller layer->develop all logics manually (integration logic & other logic)
- Model layer->develop all logics manually (B. logic & persistence logic)
Struts based MVC2 Architecture Web Application:-
- View layer->develop all logics manually
- Controller layer->framework s/w generates all logics dynamically
- Model layer->develop all logics manually