SQL SERVER Tutorial – Lesson 1
Different Products from Microsoft:
- Operating System: Examples are Windows XP, 2K3, Win7, Win8
- Database Servers: Examples are SQL Server, MS Access
- Application Development Tools: Examples are C#.Net, VB.Net and ASP.Net
- Enterprise Resource Planning: Examples are Microsoft Dynamics
- Data Warehousing: Examples are Microsoft Business intelligence (MSBI)
SQL SERVER Introduction:
- It is a Database Server s\w.
- It is a Application s\w.
- It is a DBMS.
- It is a RDBMS & ORDBMS.
- It is a Back end tool.
Software’s are two types
- System Software: Example is System
- Application Software: Example is User where this user is having different types including word processing, spread sheets, presentation, DBMS.
- RDBMS-Relational (EX: Oracle, SQL)
- ORDBMS-Object Relational
- OODBMS-Object Oriented
Different between Oracle & Sql Server:
- Sql runs on Window Platform operating system.
- Oracle runs on different platforms – Linux,Unix.
- Developers are both side same, but both side database.
Admin is used to different tools.
Example of RDBMS:
- Sql Server
- My Sql
OLTP: Online Transaction Processing – Example: ATM
- Presentation Logic
- Business Logic
- Storage Logic : Here, we can store permanently.
A tool which provides facility to create database is called
These tools are called “ Back end tools”.
Business Logic: Means-programs those are C#, VB, JAVA. Here, validating the data.
Presentation Logic: It is created by using some tools are called “ Front end tools”. Examples are VB, C# etc.
“Any front end tool can be connected to any Back end tool”.
Sql Server Language: TSQL: TRANSACT SQL
Oracle Language: SQL, PL/SQL
- SSMS : Sql Server Management Studio-> OLTP
- SSBIDS : Sql Server Business Intelligence Development Studio-> OLAP (online analytical processing) (Or) DWH.
- Sql Server Profiler
- Sql Server DB Tuning Adviser.
- These tools are performing Tuning.
People, EX: 1 ** 5000
Information: Organized data is called “information”.
Example: Emp no Name Salary
1 ** 5000