The main Idea of the Smart Luggage System IoT Project is to develop a luggage that could be user-friendly. The project is more of a luggage less of a robot.
- Bags have always been an integral part of travel life whether it may be a travel bag or a plastic bag or even leather bag every bag has its own importance and carries different functions and utility.
- Dragging the luggage all over the place has been done since the golden ages.
- Thinking of a luggage which conveys its weight, tracks its location, which follows the user automatically or manually, by the touch of the present technology to the old baggage it may bring out its true potential.
- This has motivated the project all along so that it is user-friendly and could be operated by a Smartphone.
- There are a lot of applications to the luggage but all of them are not controlled from the luggage instead the commands are sent from the mobile phone to the luggage via Machine to machine communication.
- The mobile phone has a pre-installed application software with a pre-installed set of instructions.
- They wait for the user to send the commands.
- After the microcontroller embedded inside the luggage receives instruction from the user it acts accordingly. This can either be for tracking its location and send it to the user or send the luggage weight.
- ARDUINO MEGA
- GPS MODULE
- ESP8266 Wi-Fi module
- ULTRASONIC SENSOR HC-SR04
- MOTOR DRIVER LM298N
- AURDINO IDE
- MIT APP INVENTOR
- When Bluetooth is Connected
2) When Wifi is not Connected
Screenshot of app showing Welcome Page
Screenshot of app showing HomePage
Screenshot of app showing displaying Weighing Module
Screenshot of app Displaying Weight
Screenshot of app when Tracking is Pressed
Screenshot of app in Autonomous Mode
Screenshot of app in Manual Mode
- Painting/Artwork Security: With a GPS device owners can quickly learn the location of a stolen piece and recover it immediately.
- Prevention of Car Theft: By installing a tracking device on a vehicle, the location of it can always be known. The vehicle can be easily recovered, but the device will also act as a deterrent for thieves. This will prevent the nightmare of having a car stolen from occurring in the first place.
- Police & Private Detectives: Police can benefit by attaching tracking devices to baggage during investigations, allowing them to easily track movement and come up with solid evidence.
- Hiking: With a GPS device, hikers who get lost can be recovered quickly should they ever come up missing
- Don’t worry losing your luggage anywhere! It has an onboard GPS module to help you track its position using Google Maps.
- Whole system integration is controlled through Application installed in Android where controlling the device will get very easy to the user.
- Weighing the luggage will become easy.
- The carry of luggage is changed with motorized wheels.
- The application should be more dynamic and it should show the live feed of the movement of the luggage which updates every time the luggage is in movement. The tracking could be taken online using the cloud technology.
- The introduction of Digital Locks into the luggage will help the user secure the contents of the luggage with the help of dynamic encryption algorithms and techniques which will safeguard any Machine to Machine Communication.
- It comes with GSM module which helps us to triangulate its location when GPS is failed to retrieve the data.
- Get the status of the flights, regulations using app and pack accordingly.
- The limitations of the traditional luggage will overcome with Smart Luggage. The market is still new and has potential to accept the new face of luggage.
- Know the weight of your Luggage at any time and pack accordingly.
- Move the luggage easily using autonomous and manual modes.
- The smart luggage will ensure its safety and builds security for its user. From built-in scales to GPS tracking and mobile apps, these bags won’t make hauling stuff any lighter, but they could make the experience less harrowing.