Introduction to Jini technology seminar Topic:
Jini Technology extends Java Technology; it is a service oriented architecture defining programming language which exploits Java Technology. Jini technology enables to construct a secure, distributed systems consisting of well-behaved network services and clients.
Jini can be used to build adaptive network systems that are scalable, evolvable and flexible as typical dynamic computing environments. Jini technology offers number of powerful capabilities: service discovery and mobile code. Jini technology is somewhat similar to Java’s Remote Method Invocation (RMI) but more advanced.
Jini is a set of java classes and services which has potential to create its own revolution by exploiting the technology in new ways. Jini was created by Sun Microsystems for networking applications.
Jini provides mechanism for locating services on network that behave accordingly to a particular Java Interface. After locating service on the network, client can download an implementation of that interface and can use it for further communication with the service.
The collections of services registered with the jini is said to form “Jini Community”, jini provides discovery protocol to locate a Lookup service. Discovery protocol uses multicast and unicast discovery methods.
Jini is designed to support distributed service oriented architecture by addressing the following:
- The network is reliable, secure and homogeneous.
- Latency is zero
- Bandwidth is infinite
- Topology is static
- One administrator for the network
Jini’s functionality is exposed as a set of services, and services make themselves available by registering with a lookup mechanism called “Jini Community”. Clients find services via lookup mechanism. Once service is found clients bind to services dynamically.
Benefits of Jini technology:
1) Protocol Independence: Services can be discovered and implemented by using existing communication protocols. Default protocol used is RMI.
2) Location Independence: Network components need not be configured with explicit knowledge of location of the service to use the lookup services.
3) Services can be implemented with the needed dynamic modification without impact to clients.
4) Additional instances of services can be made use to enhance the load balancing and other performances dynamically.
5) Jini’s services are managed and monitored using JMX or SNMP.
Jini is lightweight service which enables users to share services and resources over a network. It also provides users with ability to access resources anywhere easily on the network, even though users network location may constantly change. Jini simplifies the task by managing and creating network devices.
Download Seminar Report on Jini Technology .