Rss News Reader It is used for view Rss feeds from various websites which provides Rss feeds.Rss feed is a latest updated news of that website.
Project Name: RSS News Reader
- This application is developed for Android devices which are very popular and widely used nowa days.
- This project gives facility View Rss Feeds
- User can view Latest Updated News From Various news website.
- This application gives facility to add the new category.
- This application needs internet connectivity.
Tools: Eclipse, Android SDK
We got the idea through the Software that provides the facility of viewing rss feeds for desktop like Rss Reader.Then we had thought that this type of application can be implemented in mobile device also. Android platform provides great visual interface for developing applications which are connected through internet. Also Android devices are very popular and widely used nowa days.
This application is used to view RSS news from various websites.
- This Android application view RSS news from various website.
- This application is freely available for everyone.
- User can add new category in this application .
- User can also view the Rss Feed of any website using Quick News
- 1 PC with P4 or later processor
- Min 256MB of RAM
- Android Mobile Device
- Windows XP or later OS version
- Android SDK
The main goal of proposed system is to view the rss News from various News websites.It provides the various categories and user can also add new category .User can view rss feed of any other website using Quick News facility of this application.
Implementation & Testing
Objective: this is android default menu where all installed apps are displayed.
Description: User will select news –on go icon from the menu to use that app. User will select news –on go icon from the menu to use that app
Objective: for showing name of app, developers and version.
This screen appears for 2 seconds while users open the app
Objective: main navigation of entire application.
This screen allows user to select default categories like India, world, sports etc. get quick news, save new category, views saved categories etc.
Objective: this screen appears when user selects default categories.
This button makes sure that every time it is clicked, it will grabs updated news content from the site.
List of feeds
Objective: grabbing news feeds from RSS URL and showing list of feeds.
This activity will display all the items in list view which are available from the rss link. Each item in list is clickable for getting particular news.
Individual feed item
Objective: for showing particular feed’s title, date, description and link.
The activity basically provides title of the feed, published date, short description about it, and link to the main article
Objective: displaying main news article from relevant site in browser.
When user will click the article link, the browser will open the link. This link will display main news article for that particular f
Save New Category
Objective: for saving new news category.
This activity allows user to save new category by entering name and URL of RSS feeds for that. It will sense the unsaved changes and notify user about it.
Objective: categories saved by user will be displayed here.
User can get the previously saved categories from this activity. He can get news by selecting one of the saved categories. There is also option of saving new category at bottom of the screen.
Objective: getting quick news without saving link directly from feed URL.
When user doesn’t want to save new category, he only wants news from the available RSS feed URL for one time only. He can use this option.
Use Case Diagram:
- Get World News Use Case Diagram
- Get India News Use Case Diagram
- Get Stock News Use Case Diagram
- Get Sports News Use Case Diagram
- Save new Category Use Case Diagram
- Quick News Use Case Diagram
- Get Category News Activity Diagram
- Quick News Activity Diagram
- Save New Category Activity Diagram
- We want to improve our Application, as it is the more users friendly and simple. Main thing which attracts all users.
- We want to improve our home page, as it is the main thing which attracts all users.
- We will provide more flexibility, more security.
- We provide a better Fetchers and quick news list.
- We provide Auto update news fetchers and fast get news.
- Now category is not saved. But his form is ready so I provide In future save category fetchers.
- The main screen displays the various existing categories.
- In add new category option user can add new category.
- View saved category displays the categories saved by user.
- In Quick news option user view rss news of any website by giving rss url.