Comparison of the performances of various traffic sources across the Mobile Adhoc Networks using the respective routing protocol is not clearly explained in the existing literature which is already discussed in the project back ground section. In this project, the performance of TCP traffic is compared against the CBR traffic across the MANETs designed using 200 nodes across a capacity area of 100X100 meters by using the Adhoc Distance vector routing protocol is done using two scenarios.
The proactive routing protocol like DSDV and the reactive routing protocols like DSR and AODV are considered across the comparison process. Performance of TCP against CBR is compared against these three routing protocols and the performance of AODV is evaluated with respect to the other routing protocols. In this project 6 scenarios are used, where three scenarios are used to generate the TCP traffic across the proactive routing protocols and the other scenarios are used to generate the CBR traffic across the reactive routing protocols. Performance of TCP and CBR is compared against all the routing protocols and the overall assessments like the best source of traffic and best routing protocol to handle this traffic are evaluated. TCP traffic is generated using a simple file transfer application and CBR traffic is generated using a voice application.
Aims and Objectives:
Aim: To simulate the performance of TCP against the CBR using the parameters 102*102 and 500*500 areas across 200 nodes against the proactive routing protocol like DSDV and the reactive routing protocols like DSR and AODV.
Following are the project objectives
- To understand the importance of TCP across the real time CBR transmission across the real time applications
- To compare the performance of TCP against CBR across MANETs using proactive routing protocol like DSDV and reactive routing protocols like DSR and AODV and evaluate the respective performance metrics like throughput, delay and packet delivery ratio.
- In this project, the research considered is the selection of traffic type across the MANET and the impact of this traffic on the performance of the network.
- To simulate the proactive routing protocols like DSDV and reactive routing protocols like DSR and AODV using OPNET.
- To check the performance of TCP against CBR using an area of 102*102 and 500*500 across 200 nodes using OPNET
- To document the simulation results and observations
This paper is written and submitted by Sujana Priya V