Determine the source available to assist in analyzing data information:
Data: this is raw. Beyond its existing, there is no significance for this. For this there is no particular form.
Information: this is defined as, giving the meaning to the data by using any relational connections. In the system language it is, from the data stored in the data base the relational data base, makes the information.
Knowledge: it is defined as “information collection”. The data in this should be meaning full.
Technology resources such as hardware and software:
- Hardware: it is the equipment uses in the system
- Software: for controlling the hardware this software instructions are used.
For any technical resources these two are the major one and even with out of these two no technical resources are available.
People resources such as employee and managers in organizations:
In any organization the employee and the mangers are basic, without employee there is no organization and vice versa. The employee means they are doing the work and they don’t know about the complete product or the end product. But the manager should know about the final product and according to that he can assign the work to the employees who are under his control. By using these resources the organization will be develop.
Methods to develop the information:
These are used to support and inform the strategic decision making. They are
DIKAR (data information knowledge action result):
This model is used to help to determine and understand the management information quality attributes. The data and information are operational significance and knowledge, action and results are belongs to the strategic significance. The data quality contains the accuracy, validity, completeness and consistency information. The information quality contains the data clarity, relevance, definition clarity, presentation, availability and timeliness information. The knowledge quality contains the information quality, prior experience, ASHEN factors, tacit knowledge and explicit knowledge. The action quality contains the timely, appropriate and clarity information. Moreover, the results quality contains the efficiency, effectiveness and consistent objectives information.
ASHEN means artefacts, skills, heuristics, experience and natural talent
- Artefacts: means people make anything, which is processes, tools or documents in which embedded the knowledge.
- Skills: means the capabilities, which are measured and trained without ambiguity.
- Heuristics: means thumb rules. The experience result and knowledge repository are unarticulated.
- Experience: the collected success and failure experience are allows the triggered correct pattern in the correct context.
- Natural talent: many people are better in sometimes other than people and often not expect those people.
The ASHEN factors are used to assess the quality of knowledge at below points. They are
- Problem solutions
- Solution creation
- Learning points
The results and actions quality is depend upon the performance of the organizational management systems. These kinds of systems are used to improve and calculate the efficiency and effectiveness.