In this phase the existing system has been studied, the problem is identified, the alternative solutions are analyzed and the best solution has been selected after the feasibility analysis.
In this step the following steps are carried out:
1. Existing System
2. Proposed System
3. Comparative System
The need for the system stems from the nature of the organization. In order to justify and appreciate the need for the system, we have to study the existing system. By conducting the system study, we are able to find out what are the goals specified, whether all the objectives are satisfier, what are the disadvantages of the existing system etc. Here the existing system is maintained manually. So to computerize this, we must bind the system by identifying the scope of the function and performance that are desired.
The existing system is maintained manually. In the present system whenever the customer gives an order it is maintained manually in the notebook. Manually they have to update the production order, production plan of items, production monitoring etc. So the present system is not good enough for the company.
The disadvantage of the existing system is
- File maintenance is extremely difficult as every thing is done manually.
- Information retrieval is difficult and time consuming.
- Quick analysis of delivery is not possible.
- Not enough security and privacy.
- Requires much human effort.
- Information need not be accurate.
The proposed “Payroll Management System” is developed to systematically maintain the employee details and their Appointment Details and their Payroll calculations. This system reduces the Manual File Maintenance and easy to view the details about the particular employee details. This system reduces the manual calculation for employee pay slip.
Comparative Systems Study
While Comparing the Existing system and proposed system, proposed system is best due to the following reasons
- Speed of process increases.
- After performing a long period human becomes tired, but computer works for a long time continuously (Diligence).
- Accuracy is more.
- Deleting, Copying, Updating is possible.
- Processing Time will be decreased.
- More Security.
- Backup is available.
Salient Features of the system
Processor Type Pentium II
Ram 128 Megabytes
Clock speed 866 MHz
Hard disk 20 Gigabytes
Floppy disk 1.44 Megabytes
Keyboard Hcl (101 Keys)
Printer Epson FX_100
Front end Visual basic 6.0
Back end Ms-Access 7.0
Operating System Windows 98
Latest posts by Ramesh Gavva/Kasarla shanthan (see all)
- Horoscope Project in Java - September 19, 2014
- Hotel Management System Project - September 19, 2014
- Query Processing Projects on Database Engine based on Relational Model - September 18, 2014