LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
This is the Library Management System software which is used to computerize any Library System, so that all the transactions become fast and there should not be any error in transactions. It replaces all the paper work. Opening the software requires to login with user name and password. It performs all the features of the modern library that is book issue, return, and fine calculation. Reader can issue books, return books and find books in the library by a simple search done on the book id. Fine can be updated or changed depending on the requirements of the administrator. It keeps records of all the books, given to the customers, so that administrator could update his daily reports. Reader and book details also maintained and the administrator holds the main account. Security and authentication are maintained by keeping a record of reader names and passwords; the administrator holds the main account and password. Different reports can be generated like daily reports and the user report, book type report and the book code report.
With the advancement of Computers and its Technologies brought a revolution in the world, it hit every aspect of life. Nowadays every field and its working are computerized.
It is very beneficial as our paper work is reduced to a minimum. So it is essential that we have a library that is computerized and equipped to deal with the daily transactions in an efficient way so that maximum work is done and the performance increased. So there is a need to develop software that can cope up with all these requirements and that is cost as well as time effective. We have developed such an project that can cope with the daily needs of a library that includes transactions like issue a book, return a book, search a book.
Now, with computerized Library Management System we aim to present users with much more better and easier interface and search options and side by side provide other options like details of books and readers and options like fine management which includes calculation work. One may encounter the difficulties of finding the required product or the same process might be very hectic on many website.
The goals of this project are: –
- Security – The user has to provide password in order to enter. Hence it provides security.
- Easiness – The user simply has to follow series of instruction which makes project very simple to use.
- Speedup result processing – While manually it may take time to search for books but it helps to speed up processing. And also issue and return processes are easy. Also database for students and books help in speeding up work of management of library
- Library management system is software for automating the manual library system of a college.
- Functionalities of active library like issuing of books, returning of books and query processing.
- The Books and Students are given a particular unique id no. So that they can be accessed correctly and without errors. Our main aim of the project is to get the correct information about a particular student and books available in the library
- Library management system is standalone in nature.
- Keep the record of updated books & students database.
- The project is implemented to bring a simpler interface for the users and provide them with easy search and access methods.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or above.
- .Net platform
- Microsoft Access.
- Internet connection for online help
- E-R Diagram
- Data Flow Diagram
- Activity Diagram
- Database Tables
Administrator Menu (Parameters)
- The project is designed to run on a single machine, no option to run on a network of computers
- The designing of project is not up to the level of software market, it has a lot of scope to improve.
- There is no option for reader if he/she forgot password. If he or she forgets his or her password they need to sign up again.
- The reader or the administrator can use this one at a time, that means only one transaction can be processed at one time that may be issue, return or any other.
- The database is not vast.
- There is no option for the payment receipt of the fine submission.
SUGGESTIONS FOR FUTURE WORK:
- Project can be further enhanced with the facility to run project on multiple machines (LAN) so that more than one library for the same institution can be connected through same database and controlled by same mechanism.
- In depth details regarding every the security aspects of the project needs to prepared and then taken steps taken or functionality included to preserve security.
- Enhancements can be made to provide user with option that if one forgets his/her password then it can be changed or retrieved.
- New option like option for the payment receipt of the fine submission can be included.
- Project in fully complete and running with every aspect of coding and connectivity with the database.
- We have tried our best to present the simple interface to the user and remove the complexity of using a manual library like searching and fine calculation.