Introduction to Inventory Study Civil Engineering Project:
The general characteristics in cities are somewhat the same . Inventory of roads are hardly done in these cities . most road way sections have two lanes ; one lane per direction . pavement conditions are fair to poor except at location where streets have been recently resurfaced .
The road inventory study is an important task that each jurisdiction should do to identify their assets . these studies include road way classification and road way elements .
This Inventory Study Civil Engineering Project aims to study a selected region in A– B city and collect data and no of vehicle and determine peak hour .
Location : mean street
We divide the work for two groups one for each flow direction and count the number of the vehicle .
DISCUSSION AND CONCLUSIONS
Traffic volume studies for intersection was conducted to estimate the number of vehicle that crossing the Anabta main street .
This intersection is two main flow direction with 4 lanes and two sub way
The maximum allowable speed in this street is less than 50 km/hr .
Peak hour : 7-8 expected
Peak hour volume : 600 expected
PHF = 600/ 4(200) = 0.75
% of truck = 30/600 = 0.05
Sources of Errors
- Because the intersection near the police station the number of cars may be Oscillate from hour to hour because if we have barrier this affect on flow rate of vehicles .
- The place where we stand on is not good to see all cars that are crossing the intersection so some cars are not conclude in the study
- Some drivers are not abide by traffic signals .
- The time we choose may be not good to count the result is not sufficient .
- Its recommended to maintenance the road because its not good and to maintain the lights at night
- its recommended to prevent heavy trucks and buses to enter the main anabta street or to find another roads for it
- its recommended to expand the street .