Introduction to Computer Network Project Topic:
It is a bunch of computers that are adjoined by photo-electric boundary or other act of transporting of many sketches and machinery with the by interchanging data or information for users.
Networks may be classified according to a wide variety of characteristics. This article provides a general overview of types and categories and also shows the basic components of a network.
Networks are built with adjoin of computer hardware and software.
Types of Computer Network:-
- LAN (LOCAL AREA NETWORK)
- WAN (WIDE AREA NETWORK)
- MAN (METROPOLITAN AREA NETWORK)
- PAN (PERSONAL AREA NETWORK)
- VPN (VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK)
- CAN (CAMPUS AREA NETWORK)
- GAN(GLOBAL AREA NETWORK)
- SAN (STORAGE AREA NETWORK)
Some Basic Components are:-
- These networks are formulated on basic hardware building blocks by linking nodes of network, such as (NICs), Routers etc…
- In addition, some method of connecting these building blocks is required, usually in the form of galvanic cable.
- Less random are microwave links or optical cable (“optical fiber”).
Some of the basic components required for adjoining the network nodes: –
- NETWORK INTERFACE CARD.
- NETWORK HUB.
- NETWORK BRIDGE.
- NETWORK SWITCH.
Bridges are sub divided in three types:-
- Local bridges: It connects to LAN.
- Remote bridges: WAN can be developed by this bridge. Link between LANs. Remote bridges, where the adjoining link is less than the end networks, largely have been displaced.
- Wireless bridges: It can be used to join LAN or connect to LAN.
Download Final Year CSE Computer Network Project Report .