Objective and Aim: The Main Objective of this E-Procurement System is to design a website which maintains considerable information of an E-Commerce Organization mainly related to college which will be helpful for the user to get information regarding available and needed products of different companies including the best price and with the help of this users can get the products without wasting time.
- This system is a manual system which doesn’t provide secure registration as well as profile management facilities.
- This system doesn’t provide online purchasing
- This system can’t maintain most purchased items and least purchased items
- Existing system can’t update the recent items for customers.
- This system can’t display the products of different companies.
Drawbacks in Existing System:
- The traditional process wastes lot of time and money, which can be saved by using E-Commerce applications like E-Procurement.
- It does not give the power and more accessibility to access a number of products at a same time from anywhere.
- Mechanical failures can cause unpredictable effects on the total processes.
- There are many hackers who look for opportunities, and thus an e-commerce site, service, payment gateways, all are always prone to attack.
- E-Procurement is a web based application, which basically works for an E-Commerce organization, which provides details regarding different products available with E-Procurement and also gives information regarding E-Procurement.
- Secure registration and profile management facilities for customers
- This system sends a payment order to the related company and an invoice is received as a reply from that company
- It displays the best price or the cheapest price of a product from the available list.
How to overcome drawbacks:
- In a single website we can see the prices of different companies related to a particular product. This helps the user by saving lot of time.
- Faster buying/selling procedure, as well as easy to find products.
- Low operational costs and better quality of services.
- No need of physical company set-ups.
The scope of E-Procurement lies with exchange of digitized information, technology enabled transactions, Technology mediated relationships, intra and inter organizational activities.