The purpose of this document is to define scope and requirements of a Collaborative Decision Making Tool. It is a situation faced when individuals collectively make a choice from the alternatives before them.
The decision is then no longer attributable to any single individual who is a member of the group. Currently the employers waste significant time to convene and run meetings for arriving at a meaningful decision. This document is the primary input to the development team to architect a solution for this project.
TEAM will provide a web based multi voting tool for teams to quickly shortlist ideas, actionable items, and initiatives without having to call for a physical meeting.
Basic System Operation
The multi voting process is initiated by creating a call for multi voting for a certain set of ideas by an employee.
TEAM’s landing page is a tabbed page. The first tab shows all the active calls for multi voting. The second tab shows the list of active multi voting calls. The third tab lists all the closed multi voting calls initiated by the logged in employee.
Call for Multi Voting
An employer can call for multi voting. For this purpose, she/he
• Enters a title for multi voting
• Defines the objective briefly
• Selects a list of employees for multi voting
• Uploads the list of items for multi voting from a single column of CSV(Comma Separated Value) file
• Defines the maximum number of votes allowed
Upon saving it, an invite mail is sent to the selected employees to participate in the voting. The results are automatically determined on closing the voting.
• 2GB RAM
• 256GB hard disk
• Web based multi voting tool
• CSV file
• Windows 7 OS
• DB2 database
References and Text books
• Pearson education(www.pearsoned.co.in)
• Financial decision making – Hampton
• Managerial decision modelling-Balakrishnan