Advantages and Disadvantages of Symmetric Cryptography:
- Keys of encryption and decryption are small.
- Using these there is a chance of generating stronger ciphers, with simple transformations.
- These are used to have a higher rate of data throughput i.e. in a range of hundreds of mega bytes/sec in hardware implementations. Where as the implementation is software generates a throughput of mega bytes/sec.
- Being a single key at both ends, it should be kept secret at both ends.
- As the number of keys depends on the number of communicating parties, key stack in larger networks will be more which affects the maintenance.
This Project Paper is written & submitted by Deepak V.