Easy Campus System using J2ME is the next generation of electronic learning that is based on mobile devices. It enriches interaction of the learning material, technological platform and the wireless systems that supports learning anywhere, anytime. The system has been developed using J2ME technologies in the client and Apache Web server systems.
Mobile interactive learning objects for m-learning can generally be structured on the same way as learning objects for e-learning. The obvious differences remain in the presentations and amount of information offered due to the limitations of mobile devices.
Note: This Idea is taken from www.EFYMAG.com [South Asia recognized Electronics magazine].
It is fully automated mobile application, Using these application students can be able to make materials on their own using the content available on the mobile. Students can also communicate and discuss with fellow students or communicate with instructor including submission of assignments with correction and feedback in the form of text.
• Student [Mobile module]
-Student can avail m-learning features through his hall ticket number and password.
– View the material content subject wise supplied by the tutor.
– Submit assignments in the form of text
-Avail status of books taken from library
• Tutor [Mobile module] -Tutor can login through unique id and password.
– Prepare test papers
– Post new assignments
– View and provide feedback to student’s assignment.
• Test Yourself [Mobile module] -Student can test himself on a selected subject by answering test papers
-View the result
• Discussion [Mobile module] -Student can communicate with students and tutors by sending offline messages
-Maintain m-learning by adding or deleting students and tutors
Note: We are using Wi-Fi wireless technology to connect a mobile phone to web. So you need to provide a mobile and wi-fi environment to deploy this in mobile.
Languages : J2EE (Servlets, JDBC), Java Micro Edition (J2ME) Toolkit
Database : MySQL